Thursday, March 14, 2013

Hookah Bar

     Smoke rolling off the tongue like a fog machine, blowing off some steam. Friday night, beautiful girls, familiar faces and a smokin' hot scene. Ten dollar hookah smoke fee. Better bring your money, cause the smog will set you free. Higher and higher the smoke rises, releasing tobacco chemicals into the air, freeing your soul. I first fell in love with The Coffee & Tea Zone when I found out that they have a hookah bar every night from 8:00 PM until 12:00 AM. My discovery of this hookah bar was completely by accident. I happened to be sitting in my dad's van while he was picking up some Yakitori for dinner that night. The Coffee & Tea Zone has a very attractive pixelated sign which changes messages every few seconds. I happened to notice the sign advertising "hookah night", so the following day, I dropped by to inquire the details of this amazing deal. The woman behind the counter explained to me the hours the event was held and what days. I came back that night with ten dollars, just as the woman had advised me to do.
    As soon as I walked into the store, a man asked me if I was there for hookah night. I told him I was and than I gave him my ten dollars. After that, he told me to pick a spot to sit down at. There was a long row of booth with several small tables adjacent to one another. There were several people sitting down, smoking hookahs. Most of them were women. I had a good feeling that they were high school seniors (or at least that they had been out of high school for a year). I was surprised that they were eighteen or older, most of them acted and sounded like they 14 or 15 years old. A part of me was hoping to score a new girlfriend (I assumed there was no way those women could be younger than 18, despite the fact that I thought it was a strong possibility). I happened to meet one of the people I went to high school with. His name is Jared and when I was having a conversation with him, he told me he was a nightly visitor for the hookah bar. As soon as the manager bought a hookah over to me, I started smoking it. Immediately, I began to cough over and over again. I was amazed at the quality of the hookahs they had at this casual night time hookah bar. I had never experienced such a smooth, invigorating smoke session before. The flavor was outstanding, the smoke production was impressive and the coals seemed to last forever.
   Before I set foot into The Coffee & Tea Zone, I had been experiencing what I suspect was the symptoms of a migraine. I tried to ignore the overwhelming headache, but as the night progressed I began to have a different attitude. Eventually, I started feeling nauseous and light headed. Finally, when I could stand it no longer, I opted to leave. I offered up the last of my hookah time to a woman who had just walked in a second ago. She was more than happy to use up the rest of the remaining time I had left on the hookah. I dragged myself home through the shortcut. Once I finally got home, I felt sick and had to lay down. For the next hour, I tossed and turned on the floor, the sofa in the den and finally the bed. When I figured out that there was no comfortable position in which I could lay down, I decided to take a nice warm shower. I huddled in the corner of the shower, knowing full well that I was going to puke any second. In one final vein attempt to avoid vomiting, I laid down on my side in a fetal position. And that's when it happened-I puked all over the floor of the shower three times and then crawled to the other end of the shower to lay down. After a few short minutes, I decided to get out of the shower and as luck would have it, my dad was there. I told him about what happened and he cleaned it up. What caused my migraine and nausea to occur is unclear, but I don't blame The Coffee & Tea Zone for it. Becoming ill after experiencing minor symptoms and smoking before getting sick leads me to believe that you probably shouldn't smoke a hookah (or anything for that matter) if you start to feel under the weather. I'm sure that's a piece of advice that's common sense for most people, but I just thought I would point that out.
   I have not been back to The Coffee & Tea Zone since that day. Not because I'm afraid of getting sick, but because I don't always have the ten dollars or the time to go back. If ever I feel the need to leave home and it's eight at night or later, you can be sure I'll be showing up for the nightly hookah bar. The chairs and setting are very comfortable and inviting. The environment the night time employees create is laid back and care free. As a matter of fact, the staff likes to hang out with the customers while watching television. The Coffee & Tea Zone is the perfect place to meet new people during hookah bar hours. Since I'm single and lonely, I think I'm gonna have to drop by again some time and see who's there to meet. When you're in my shoes, it's always a good idea to keep your options opened.

No comments:

Post a Comment