Thursday, March 14, 2013

Diamond Shamrock

     Too lazy to drive to Farm Crest for that tobacco chew, gonna walk to the Diamond Shamrock to get a pack of cigarettes for the price of two. I remember almost exactly two years ago, went to the shamrock for my first pack of smokes. Back when I didn't know what I was getting, I just asked for Keith to pick out any pack of smokes. When I was eighteen, they knew how to do it right. They had a decent amount of dips and the most amazing selection of smokes I've ever seen. I wish I could say the same thing about their selection of dip, but their inventory has plummeted to such an extent that I now go to Farm Crest for my dip instead of Diamond Shamrock. I live less than a mile away from the Diamond Shamrock corner store. There are two ways to get there on foot; one is long and tedious and the other way is incredibly short. Whenever I run low on cigarettes, I always go to Diamond Shamrock and I always take the short route. The short route is interesting, because it involves taking a pathway most people wouldn't think to take. Behind my backyard is a trail, and to the right of the trail, there's a small creek. If you walk thirty-six feet up the trail from behind my house, you'll notice some small trees. If you go into the collection of shrubbery, you can walk down a path and up a small hill. After that, you walk through the roads of an apartment complex, where you get to the parking lot where the Diamond Shamrock is in less than three minutes.
    I dread going to Diamond Shamrock, because I hate having to walk somewhere with so many "obstacles" in my way just to get there. Once I get to the Diamond Shamrock, I'll ask for three packs of Pall Malls. I tend to go through a lot of cigarettes, especially during the summer time. Pall Mall menthols in the green box are what I have always gotten. Pall Mall menthols have slowly become my preferred cigarettes. Once I'm done purchasing my cigarettes, I jet out of there pretty quickly. I really do wish Farm Crest could take Diamond Shamrock's place. I know for a fact I wouldn't complain. Diamond Shamrock is nothing special really.

No comments:

Post a Comment